Villa San – Six Bedroom
Welcome to Villa San
Less than 300 metres north of Ubud’s Royal Palace lies Villa San, a private and serene oasis in central Bali. Designed as a labour of love, the villa is only minutes from sensational shopping, superb spas, classic cultural performances and luxuriant rice fields.
Showcasing an impressive array of artworks and handicrafts originating from China, Africa and Indonesia, Villa San comfortably accommodates 12 people in six large bedrooms (three doubles, three twins). These buildings are nestled around a 25m lap pool and set within lush gardens which incorporate elegant sculptures and a tranquil meditation terrace.
Friendly professional staff will quickly make guests feel totally relaxed at this spacious and recently (2011) refurbished villa, which is particularly suitable for an extended family or a group of friends.
About Villa San
Guests at Villa San are spoiled for choice when it comes to ways to relax. Reflecting the owners’ artistic and spiritual leanings, there’s the loft studio for painting, a telescope for star-gazing from the rooftop terrace at night, and a Buddhist stupa and yoga terrace tucked in a quiet corner of the property for group or individual meditation and yoga practice.
The spacious grounds offer freedom and flexibility for both families and groups of friends, with hammocks and sun loungers arranged around the 25 x 5m pool and a pool pavilion seating up to 15 people. Inside, as well as the living and dining spaces, there are two well-equipped entertainment rooms – one is part of the two bedroom master suite, the other adjacent the informal dining room – a gym and a children’s playroom. The villa showcases some exquisite art and handicrafts from China, Ghana and Indonesia.
Villa San comprises six large bedrooms – three doubles and three twins. French doors from all the bedroom pavilions look out over tranquil gardens, only steps away from the long sloping lawn and the inviting pool.
A friendly, helpful team of staff are on hand around the clock, with a butler and chef available to meet every request. They are knowledgeable about local Hindu cultural activities, art galleries and the myriad options for exploring and learning about the region (guests can take a craft or cooking class, or book an in-house meditation or yoga session) and will recommend the best of local restaurants, cafés and spas.
Villa San is a stone’s throw from Ubud’s Royal Palace – where cultural performances are held nightly – and very convenient for many of Ubud’s favourite treasures and attractions. While the property itself is very quiet and private, a vast, bustling local market is only 300m from the front door while a delightful variety of high quality restaurants and cafés can be found in and around the centre of town.
Ubud and her surrounding small villages are rich with culture and art. Many villages focus on a specific craft – such as woodworking, stone carving, ikat weaving or batik painting. These crafts are not just for the tourists, they have formed the livelihoods of these Balinese villagers for several hundred years. Guests can visit, watch and in many cases take classes – learning to cook local food, carve a wooden mask, dye a batik scarf, dance in a traditional performance, play an ancient brass musical instrument, or attend a life drawing session.
- Denpasar Airport : 36km (90 minutes)
- Mt Batur/Kintamani : 40km (120 minutes)
- Seminyak : 35km
- Jimbaran : 106km
- Nusa Dua : 47km
- Sanur : 25km
- Children at Villa San : Kids room with TV/ DVD player, Children’s books, Board games and toys, Children pool toys, Electronic Games (Wii), Children’s menus, High chair (2), Swimming pool with shallow, TV/Entertainment room
- Events : Villa San is ideally suited for a casual cocktail or pool party for up to 50 people. A sit-down luncheon or dinner can also be arranged for up to 50 people with a marquee set up on the spacious lawns adjacent to the pool.
- Staff : Manager, chef, butler, house keeping, pool attendant, spa staff/massage, yoga
- Dining : The villa offers a suggestion menu (including Asian and Western dishes) to make ordering easier but guests are welcome to chat with the chef if there are other items they would like to try
- 1 private swimming pool (25m x 5m)
- 6 air-conditioned bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Entertainment room featuring TV and satellite connection, DVD, CD player with stereo system
- iPod docks and speakers
- Children’s play room with books, games, toys, videos and DVDs
- 2 baby cots, 2 high chairs and 2 baby car seats
- Gym equipment
- Barbecue facilities
- IDD, local call, & WiFi broadband internet connection
- Safety deposit box in each bedroom
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 875||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 1080||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 1285||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: