Villa Maya Retreat – Five Bedroom
Welcome to Villa Maya Retreat
As its name suggests, Villa Maya Retreat is the perfect place to slow down and escape the frantic pace of everyday life. Resting on the banks of the Penet River, that flows through the pretty village of Cepaka in the heart of Bali’s ‘rice bowl’, this five-bedroom villa has been designed to soothe your body, mind and soul.
Shaded by natural jungle vegetation and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, the villa’s living and sleeping pavilions offer total peace and privacy while maximising the serene river views. With a 12-metre swimming pool, three plunge pools, numerous relaxation balés and secret garden hangouts, Villa Maya Retreat offers plenty of space to relax, unwind and recharge the batteries.
About Villa Maya Retreat
From the moment you descend the broad stone staircase that carves its way down the river gorge, Villa Maya Retreat will captivate you with its beauty and tranquillity. Jungle vines hang from mature trees, moss and lichen cling to carved statues and a waterfall cascades all the way to the villa hidden below.
By the time you reach the villa it really sinks in that this is your own private paradise. A huge rust-red door swings open to reveal a lush and secluded oasis. Traditional thatch-roofed pavilions overlook the Penet River and clusters of towering bamboo, while a 12-metre swimming pool with timber deck provides the perfect spot to soak up the forest ambiance.
With five stand-alone bedrooms (three with plunge pools), Villa Maya Retreat is perfect for families, friends or groups looking to share their holiday experience but who also desire privacy and room to breathe. Designed with space in mind there are plenty of places to take in the views and absorb the solitude; from the curtained relaxation balés to the secret garden alcoves to the sunset lounge at the river’s edge.
The Villa is set in true rural Bali with everything you need at your fingertips. A full complement of staff, including an experienced chef, is on hand to prepare and serve delicious home-cooked Asian and Western meals. A car and driver is also on standby for those eager to explore the island or indulge in Seminyak’s trendy restaurants, bars and shops (a 45 minute drive).
A stay at Villa Maya Retreat is not complete without exploring the pretty neighbouring village of Cepaka, located in the heart of Bali’s ‘rice bowl’. Here, guests are privy to local traditions that have been practiced for centuries. Whether it happens while you’re witnessing a temple ceremony, watching farmers tend their fields or simply playing with the village children in the street, it’s hard not to fall under the spell of the Island of the Gods, its magicleaving you refreshed and rejuvenated for your return home.
Villa Maya Retreat is located in a jungle-clad river gorge close to the pretty village of Cepaka in Bali’s Tabanan Regency, also known as Bali’s ‘rice bowl’ due to its vast terraced rice fields. This quaint village borders the Penet River and is a stunning example of a traditional Balinese community that has been untouched by tourism and the rapid development to the south of the island. Venturing out on foot or bicycle, guests can enjoy a privileged insight into the agricultural, religious and daily life of the villagers.Just 11 kilometres away from the villa is the famous sea temple of Tanah Lot and the Nirwana Bali Golf Course, designed by Greg Norman (voted the number one golf course in Asia). The nearest beaches, including Echo Beach, are about eight kilometres from the villa but the sea is more suited to surfing than swimming due to strong currents.
- Echo Beach : 8km
- Canggu : 8km
- Tanah Lot : 11km
- Seminyak : 16km
- Tabanan : 10km
- Kuta : 20km
- Ubud : 24km
- Denpasar Airport : 24km
- Staff : (Villa Manager, Chef, Villa Attendants, Driver, Gardener, Security)
- Dining : The personal chef at Villa Maya Retreat is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Children at Villa Maya Retreat : The family friendly advantages of a villa holiday are many, including access to your own private facilities and the freedom to use them whenever you want. Knowing that the kids can run around happily, independently and safely, without you having to worry about other guests, is a real plus – and one that means parents are certain to have a more relaxed holiday too.
- Spa : Feel like a body scrub or massage? Just ask our staff to bring the spa to you! We can recommend deluxe treatments carried out in the privacy of your own villa by fully trained therapists from a reputable local spa (extra charges will apply).
- Transport : A driver and car (seating up to six passengers) is available to villa guests for eight hours a day (excluding petrol)
- 12 metre swimming pool
- 3 plunge pools
- Fully staffed, including chef, driver, housekeeping and security
- Five air-conditioned, bedrooms with king-size beds
- Large open-sided dining/living pavilion
- Open-sided TV lounge
- Riverside lounge terrace
- Satellite TV and DVD players
- Baby cot, highchair, children’s car seat, DVDs and games
- WiFi internet connection
- Surround-sound system with CD player
- iPod dock
- Massage balé
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 700||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 825||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 1100||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: