Location, location, location – and then some. Down a quiet lane, but conveniently located in the center of the fashionable Petitenget district of Seminyak on Bali’s south-west coast, this gorgeous four-bedroom villa offers an oasis to escape to and rejuvenate.
Perfect for family living, The Maharaj welcomes with informality, caring staff and calming influences, providing a comfortable hideaway with mature gardens and inviting 12m pool, sun-drenched rooms and tranquil sitting areas.
All this, within walking distance of Petitenget’s crashing waves and Bali’s most stylish wining and dining venues, nightspots and shops.
About Villa Maharaj
The Maharaj appears understated and compact (covering 1,100sqm), but you’ll find this bijou family-oriented holiday villa worth its weight in gold during your Island of the God’s sojourn. Off a peaceful cul-de-sac in the chic urban village of Petitenget, narrow wooden entrance doors lead through to sweet tropical gardens and an utterly charming four-bedroom villa. In this peaceful hideaway, you are immediately embraced like one of the family.
Since 2002, the villa’s owners and informal but attentive staff have created a peaceful hideaway, ideal for families, where guests feel relaxed enough to pop in and out of the kitchen at mealtimes, or talk at length about local customs and recommended dining spots with the amiable – and consummate – villa manager. All modern comforts are supplied, such as two flat-screen TVs and DVDs, sound system, and shaded, free-form 12m pool, but there is a refreshing lack of pretentiousness and superfluous adornments. Sunlight-drenched interiors focus on comfort and are furnished in a simple yet tasteful style.
Calming spiritual elements further contribute to a blissfully peaceful stay, from garlanded Hindu stone deities watching over proceedings to a secret inner garden courtyard and the exquisite and omnipresent fragrance of jasmine. More earthly accoutrements include poolside massage beds for pampering treatments.
But for those wanting to shop, party and indulge, The Maharaj is also right in the centre of one of Bali’s most sought-after areas, the happening and trendy Petitenget district of Seminyak – the cosmopolitan heart of Bali. This jetsetter’s paradise, crammed with world-class gourmet restaurants, designer spas, boutiques and hip nightspots, is within walking distance, while beautiful Petitenget beach, with its renowned beach clubs, Indian Ocean surf and fabulous sunsets, is a pebbles’ throw away.
Rooms at Villa Maharaj
Sturdy and modern, The Maharaj essentially comprises two separate buildings capped with traditional ironwood roof, hugging a gorgeous free-form pool within lush tropical gardens.
In the main building, the single-storey living–dining area is open-sided and open-plan; off here is a self-contained kitchen and TV room, plus covered garden courtyard. This area seamlessly adjoins a double-storey accommodation wing containing the master bedroom downstairs and two interconnecting bedrooms above. Accessed by a stone pathway across immaculate lawns stands a detached single-storey annex; its broad wooden pillars, traditional-style roof and timbered floors displaying a more typical Balinese look. This cottage annex contains two ensuite bedrooms with small timbered terrace, facing the shaded 12 x 4m pool, alongside which rests a balé (gazebo) dedicated to spa treatments.
Air-conditioning is provided in all rooms, except the open-sided living–dining area, kept cool with ceiling fans. Villa rooms feature traditional-style high ceilings made of split rattan, floors of marble or quality timber and tasteful wood furniture, predominately teak, which strikingly contrasts with white-washed walls.
Location of Villa Maharaj
The Maharaj is located in Petitenget – on Seminyak‘s northern fringes – and is one of the most popular locations in Bali: a fast emerging, chic urban village but one that can still yield scenes of Balinese local life. Tucked down a sleepy cul-de-sac, the villa rests amongst similar luxury holiday villa neighbours.
Petitenget beach is conveniently situated just a few minutes’ walk away: this quiet stretch of sand and pounding surf is more laid-back than the more bustling Seminyak, Legian and Kuta beaches further south. As well as great surfing, these beaches provide some of the premier spots to enjoy Bali’s celebrated sunsets. Opposite the beach entrance, Pura Dalem Petitenget is one of the island’s most revered temples.
Petitenget boasts a remarkable cluster of unnervingly trendy and renowned gourmet restaurants – such as La Lucciola, Hu’u, Sarong and Métis – as well as sublime wining-dining establishments within the recently opened, W Retreat and Spa Bali. The villa is also close to the Potato Head Beach Club and well-known jetsetters haunt, Ku Dé Ta.
- Seminyak Beach: 0.5 km
- Canggu: 6 km
- Legian: 6 km
- Kuta: 8 km
- Denpasar Airport: 12 km (allow for traffic)
- Tanah Lot: 18 km
- Ubud: 32 km
- Staff : The team at Villa Maharaj exude Balinese charm and grace, working together to ensure that your stay is comfortable, relaxed and memorable. The villa manager and chef will be more than happy to discuss any specific requirements with you. Although the equipped kitchen allows you to prepare meals for fussy eaters or babies with ease, staff will happily do this for you.
- Full-time manager : The full-time manager, Fran, who hails from America, has lived in Indonesia for many years and is incredibly knowledgeable about Bali. He is in charge of the overall operation of the villa including staffing and will be more than happy to accommodate any special requests or provide information about touring the island.
- In-house Chef : Our in-house 5 star private chef will suggest meal ideas and discuss with you a variety of menu options during your stay. Where possible, he will gladly accommodate any special meal requirements that you may have.
- Housekeeping : You will hardly notice our team of housekeepers who attend Villa Maharaj daily to take care of all of those things that guests needn’t worry about. These discreet and friendly staff also assist in the kitchen when necessary.
- Driver : A driver (and car) is available to guests on a complimentary basis for eight hours per day (excluding petrol).
- Gardener and pool attendant : The garden and pool at Villa Maharaj are attended to daily.
- Spa staff/masseuse :Off-site, fully trained therapists will visit the villa on request to provide a range of spa and massage treatments.
- Security : Villa Maharaj is kept safe by a team of security staff working 24-hours on rotating shifts, plus laser security and CCTV.
- Four air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms plus nanny’s room
- Private swimming pool (12m x 4m)
- Fully staffed
- IDD and local telephone service
- Safety deposit box in all bedrooms
- Complimentary WiFi broadband internet
- Media room featuring flat-screen TV
- Garden balé with two massage beds
- DVD, CD, games and book collection
- Baby cot and high chair
- Back-up power generator
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 725||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 830||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 975||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: