Villa Kinara offers a rare fusion of six bedrooms, striking architecture, stunning entertainment space, swimming pool deck and a sensational location on Bali’s south-west coast, moments from the beach and Seminyak’s boutiques, bars and restaurants.
All bedrooms are huge, with seating areas and terraces according myriad private corners. Even more spacious is the open-plan living room defined by soaring teakwood columns and furnished with over-sized sofas, home entertainment centre, bar, billiard table, and 12-seater dining table.
Set within an exclusive residential enclave behind the Oberoi Hotel, five minutes from Ku Dé Ta, Villa Kinara is perfect for groups of friends, or a few families who want space to spread out in their own peaceful, private, fully-staffed, three-pavilion villa a short stroll from Seminyak.
About Villa Kinara
With a prime location in Seminyak’s prestigious Oberoi enclave, the six-bedroom Villa Kinara is perfectly positioned for Bali’s best-known restaurants, bars and boutiques as well as the island’s famed sunset beaches. And yet such is its sense of spaciousness, comfort and privacy, guests may be reluctant to venture much beyond its teakwood-capped walls.
Delightfully original, the villa’s architectural design draws on the Indonesian archipelago’s rich heritage and abundance of natural materials. Paying heed to traditional Balinese home layouts, Villa Kinara accommodation is spread over three pavilions, with roofs of alang-alang (thatch) and ironwood shingles. In a contemporary interpretation of the old timber joglo and limasan houses of Java, teakwood is much in evidence throughout the villa, showcasing supreme craftsmanship and creating a depth of character that belies its newness (the villa was completed mid-2012). The vast living space is defined by towering teak pillars created from trees selected by the owner’s architect; teak-embellished ceilings, and Sulawesi teak floors – some intricately inlaid with dark sonokeling (rose) wood – enrich the bedroom suites. The teak window and door shutters are another interesting feature, influenced by colonial Dutch architecture. Such expansive use of teak is complemented by other natural materials including Palimanan stone, Yogyakarta lavastone, hand-crafted terrazzo, rattan, bamboo and coconut shell.
In keeping with the enviro-architectural theme, the chic furniture, including the dining table (a magnificent slab of teak and a conversation piece in itself), has been designed specially for Villa Kinara. And sitting comfortably among these traditional materials are the trappings of convenient 21st Century living: large flat-screen TVs and home entertainment systems, WiFi throughout, and two superbly equipped kitchens.
Two other important Balinese traditions share the limelight at Villa Kinara: community spirit – as evinced in the many social gathering spaces scattered throughout the villa – and hospitality from the heart, provided by charming, well-trained, willing staff dedicated to creating a holiday haven for their guests.
Villa Kinara is the perfect residence for multiple families or groups of friends. Parties exceeding 12 people have the opportunity to take over the neighbouring mirror-image four-bedroom Villa Kinaree, providing a total of ten bedrooms.
Tucked away at the end of a cul-de-sac within an exclusive residential enclave behind the Oberoi Hotel, Villa Kinara is well placed for guests to enjoy the many attractions of Bali’s famed Seminyak area. It’s only a five-minute stroll to the beach with its surfers, sun-loungers and string of cafes and bars for sunset cocktails. A little further are the smart boutiques, spas restaurants and nightspots of Jalan Laksmana (also called Jalan Kayu Aya) and Jalan Raya Seminyak.
- Petittenget beach : 0.5km
- Ku De Ta : 1km
- Seminyak shopping : 2km
- Kuta : 9km
- Nirwana Bali Golf Course : 20km
- Denpasar Airport : 10km
- Ubud : 37km
Guests of Villa Kinara are looked after with flair by a dedicated team of professionals drawn from the local community, under the direction of the villa manager. They are trained to anticipate their guest’ every whim with typical Balinese charm and a ready smile, and are very much part of the villa experience.
- Villa manager : Our villa manager, Dora, is responsible for the overall operation of Villa Kinara, including staffing and guest satisfaction. Fluent in English, she introduces guests to the villa on arrival and is at the end of a phone for special requests.
- Chef : The resident full time chef is skilled at cooking a wide array of international and Indonesian cuisine.
- Housekeepers : A team of seven housekeepers take care of cleaning and tidying the villa in shifts from 8am to 8pm. They also prepare breakfast, and can shop for groceries on account.
- Gardener/pool attendant : A gardener discreetly tends to the pool and garden every day.
- Spa therapists : Fully-trained spa therapists will visit the villa on request to provide massages and other spa treatments on guest account.
- Security : Night-time security is provided in shifts.
- Private 14m swimming pool
- 6 air-conditioned bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Fully staffed including villa manager, chef, housekeepers and security
- Family-friendly villa
- WiFi broadband internet connection
- 3 home entertainment systems with large flat-screen TVs
- Safety deposit box in all bedrooms
- Billiard table
- Air-conditioned media room featuring satellite TV
- Back-up generator in case of power failure
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 1050||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 1475||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 1895||All villa rates are subject to a 5,5% service charge and thereafter a 10% government tax.||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: