Taman Ahimsa – Seven Bedroom
Welcome to Taman Ahimsa “A peaceful retreat by the sea”
Surrender your senses and succumb to the seductive charms of Taman Ahimsa, a five-bedroom oceanfront villa on Bali’s south-west coast, where a beguiling mix of nature and organic design blend together in perfect synergy.
The buildings are designed to resemble boat hulls, sacred spirals and seashells – appropriate symbols for this idyllic retreat. The tang of the salty air, the lulling sound of the rolling ocean and the heavenly scent from the abundant frangipani blossoms all combine in perfect harmony to make your sojourn here a rich, enchanting whole.
Taman Ahimsa provides wonderful spaces for friends and families to come together and enjoy Bali’s tropical treasures whilst also offering private opportunity for contemplation and rejuvenation.
About Taman Ahimsa
From the moment you cross the traditional wooden bridge and walk through the boat-inspired bamboo entrance you are transported to a magical oasis at Taman Ahimsa, the ‘Garden of Peace’.
The use of organic materials such as alang-alang roofing, coconut husks, bamboo, rattan and recycled wood allows the pavilions to meld into the landscape, enhancing, rather than imposing on, the stunning natural setting. The sprawling, lush gardens, abundant with swaying coconut palms, alive with effervescent splashes of colour from the hibiscus and bougainvillea, and vibrant with birdsong, cascade all the way down to the black-sand beach. Inside, a wonderful selection of Indonesian artefacts, including ornate handmade Balinese fabrics sourced from the hillsides of Ubud, give unique charm and character to every space.
Luxuriate under a sunshade by the Java-stone pool and gaze towards Uluwatu, one of Bali’s most sacred temples. Enjoy a massage in a thatched gardenbalé, or still your thoughts as you gaze over the jade-green ocean. Borrow one of the resort’s bikes and follow the road through the sculpted rice paddies surrounding the charming seaside village of Cemagi. This is unchanged Bali, a land steeped in tradition and the spiritual, where, at any moment, you might stumble upon a colourful ceremony and find yourself in the midst of the exotic and ancient.
Step from the poolside decking directly onto the beach, and enjoy cocktails as you watch the sunset. Congregate for meals at the elegant teak dining table and let your taste buds be dazzled by the stunning cuisine prepared by the highly skilled chef and his team. And after dinner, use the villa’s telescope to gaze at the blanket of stars adorning the Balinese night sky.
Taman Ahimsa will soothe your senses, invigorate your soul, and provide you with a renewed sense of oneness. At the end of your stay you will literally have to tear yourself away – Taman Ahimsa does not relinquish its guests easily.
Taman Ahimsa is located in the wonderfully bucolic seaside village of Cemagi. The villa is approached via rolling lush green rice paddies tended by local farmers. And once at the villa the sweeping views across the ocean to Uluwatu, on Bali’s southernmost tip, are breathtaking. A few short steps and you are on the beach itself, the warm sand between your toes. And unlike the crowded beaches at Kuta or Legian, you will have this one pretty much to yourself!
If you have the urge to explore, some of the island’s best surf breaks are located within a short drive, including Batu Bolong, Echo Beach and Seseh. Nirwana Bali Golf Club, named one of the best golf courses in Asia, is a mere eight kilometres away and is one of the most exotic places to play a round of golf with its tropical setting and spectacular ocean backdrop. And guests should not miss watching the sun set over Tanah Lot, Bali’s most famous and revered temple, next to the Nirwana golf course.
While there may be some reluctance to leave the beauty and comfort of the villa and all it has to offer, the restaurants and nightlife of Seminyak are only half an hour (15km) away and Taman Ahimsa’s car and driver are at your disposal.
- Tanah Lot Sea Temple : 8km
- Nirwana Bali Golf Course : 8km
- Echo Beach : 10km
- Seminyak : 15km
- Denpasar Airport : 25km*
- Jimbaran : 28km
- Ubud : 30km
Villa Services and Facilities
- Capacity : 14 people (7 bedrooms with king size beds) 2 extra beds available on request.
- Living areas : Open-sided sitting room, dining for 16, outdoor dining for 16 at the pool pavilion, TV room, 4 relaxation balés.
- Pool : 18m x 6m.
- Staff : Villa manager, 7 butlers and housekeeping, 2 cooks; 5 security guards, 2 gardeners, pool attendant.
- Dining : The kitchen specialises in organic food including raw vegan. A wide variety of Western and Asian dishes are also available. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Communication : Laptop available for guest use, WiFi broadband internet access, local telephone calls.
- Entertainment : 1 plasma TV with satellite channels, DVD player with DVD library, BBQ, 6 bicycles, 2 canoes.
- For children : Pool toys, indoor toys, games, books and board games. One baby cot and 2 high chairs.
- Events : Suitable for weddings and parties up to 100 people.
- Transport : A complimentary driver and seven seater car is available to villa guests for eight hours a day(excluding petrol).
- Additional facilities : Meditation circle (meditation ceremonies can be arranged), private office available on request, full back-up diesel powered electrical generator, mini safes.
- Property area : 1600sqm (villa) 4500sqm (land).
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 1780||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 2305||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 2630||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: