Majapahit Raj/Nataraj – One Bedroom
Welcome to Majapahit Beach Villa
Majapahit Beach Villas is an exclusive enclave of three luxurious private villas on Bali’s south-east coast. Designed by Italian architect, Guiseppe Verdacci, the villas reflect the grand proportions and splendid artistry of a golden age – the ancient Javanese Majapahit Empire.
One-bedroomed Villas Raj are set slightly back, but have their own beach access and stunning views of the Badung Strait and Nusa Lembongan Island from their upper floors. Inland, the villas overlook verdant rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya and banana groves.
Built in 2005, the fully-staffed villas blend stylish modern architecture with the art forms and cultures of the Indonesian archipelago to create a sense of place. Spacious rooms with high ceilings and designer bathrooms, ample communal living areas, jacuzzis, swimming pools, relaxation balés and walled gardens spoil guests with privacy and comfort.
The Majapahit complex is ideal for large gatherings and weddings and is much more than a luxurious beach front estate. It is famous for its elegant and sophisticated service and food and the only one that has a private Hindu temple for ceremonies and a private boat for the guests.
About Villa Raj
Surrounded by rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, and only a stone’s throw from the sea, Villa Raj offers guests a combination of relaxed indoor and outdoor gourmet living. Although set back from the beach, the upper floor of the villa is blessed with spectacular views of the ocean, while a 13-metre area of beachfront has been specially allocated for the use of guests at Raj and her sister villa, Nataraja.
Villa Raj comprises a two-storey main building, housing one bedroom and a central living area, overlooking a lush walled garden with a swimming pool, massage pavilion and relaxation balé. The landscaping and contemporary architecture of the shingle-roofed villa are based on traditional Balinese principles, utilising local materials and incorporating the essential elements of Balinese Hindu philosophy and symbolism.
Inside, sophisticated decor and a generous smattering of tribal objets d’art fill the villa with the wonderment of the Indies while a mix of modern and antique furnishings and top quality linens upon king-sized beds, mean comfort is assured.
Practicalities are taken care of in the staff service area. Superb gourmet cuisine is prepared by Majapahit Beach Villas’ excellent chef while personal butlers offer first-class service and a level of sophistication that even top hotels strive to provide.
Majapahit Beach Villas are located at Pabean Beach down a narrow lane off the Klungkung Bypass, which runs along the east coast and is also known as the Sunrise Road. Bounded by the River Wos, rice fields, tobacco plantations, papaya, banana and coconut groves, the area is blessed with spectacular views extending across the ocean towards the beaches of Sanur and Nusa Dua, the islands of Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida, and the mountains of East Bali.
Pabean was once a small port through which oriental traders brought their products; at low tide you can still see the structure of the old harbour. This glistening black sand stretch of coastline is popular with surfers and beachcombers but swirling currents and a lack of lifeguards make it unsuitable for swimming for all but the most confident of swimmers.
The nearby village of Ketewel is the origin of the celebrated Legong Bededari Dance, and the neighbouring village of Saba produced the finest Legong dancers on the island. There are no Western-style restaurants in this area, but there are plenty of local warungs (eateries), while international restaurants, shops galore can be found just 13km away in Sanur. Also the location is in between Seminyak and the cultural capital of Bali, Ubud and just 5 -10 minutes from all the famous traditional villages of Mas, Sukawati, Batubulan and Batuan for all handicraft shopping.
- Saba Bay Riding Stables : 3km
- Celuk : 5km
- Batubulan : 7km
- Bali Bird Park : 7 km
- Bali Safari & Marine Park : 7 km
- Surfing (Cucukan) : 7km
- Sukawati : 7 km
- Sanur : 13km
- Mas : 13km
- Ubud : 17km
- Kuta : 21km
- Seminyak : 24km
- Denpasar Airport : 27km
- Padang Bai Harbour : 30 km
- Candidasa : 38km
Villa Services and Facilities :
- Capacity : 2 adults
- Living areas : Living/dining room with table for 6-8; balé relaxation pavilion; 13-metre area of beachfront deck with seating, shared with guests in Villa Nataraja.
- Pool : 13 x 4 x 1.8m pool; two adjoining 1.5 x 1.5m jacuzzis.
- Staff(For the whole complex) villa manager; assistant manager; 6 butlers; chef; 4 kitchen staff; 6 housekeepers; 5 gardeners/ pool attendants; 5 security guards; 2 on-site masseuses; 2 maintenance; front of house receptionist; babysitter (extra/on request).
- Dining : Priced house menu of Western and Asian specialities; children’s menu.CommunicationIDD telephone; WiFi broadband internet access.
- Entertainment : Flat-screen satellite channel TV and DVD player in living pavilion; satellite TV/DVD player in each bedroom.
- For children : Pool toys; DVDs; shallow area in pool.
- Additional facilities : Complimentary dance performance and a snorkelling trip to The Blue Lagoon for guests on a 5-day stay or longer.
- Events : When all Majapahit villas are booked together, weddings and events for up to 70 seated guests can be accommodated.
- Property : area820sqm
|Tax and service||Minimum stay|
|Low Season|| ||US$ 300||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||2 nights|
|High Season|| ||US$ 350||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||5 nights|
|Peak Season|| ||US$ 400||Rate subject to 15,5% tax and service||7 nights|
Please use this form to send us a message: